School of Computing
Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology
291 Daehak Ro, Yuseong Gu
Republic of Korea
+82 42 350 3567
Education and Employment
- Assistant Professor, School of Computing, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Republic of Korea, August 2015 - present
- Lecturer, Department of Computer Science, University College London, UK, October 2012 - July 2015
- Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, University College London, UK, August 2010 - Septem- ber 2012
- Research Associate, Department of Computer Science, Kings College London, UK, October 2009 - July 2010
- Ph.D., Computer Science, Kings College London, UK, October 2006 - September 2009
- Dissertation: Extending the Boundaries in Regression Testing: Complexity, Latency, and Expertise
- Supervisor: Mark Harman
- MSc., Software Engineering with Distinction, Kings College London, UK, September 2005 - September 2006
- Technical Sales Consultant, Oracle Korea, October 2004 - April 2005
- Software Engineer, Xinics Inc., January 2000 - February 2004
- BSc., Computer Science, Seoul National University, Republic of Korea, 1996 - 2000
Please see my Google Scholar profile for more detail. Below are some of the recent publications.
- Yoo, S., Binkley, D., & Eastman, R. (2016). Observational slicing based on visual semantics. Journal Of Systems and Software, -.
- Petke, J., Cohen, M. B., Harman, M., & Yoo, S. (2015). Practical Combinatorial Interaction Testing: Empirical Findings on Efficiency and Early Fault Detection. IEEE Transactions On Software Engineering, 41(9), 901–924.
- Barr, E., Harman, M., McMinn, P., Shahbaz, M., & Yoo, S. (2015). The Oracle Problem in Software Testing: A Survey. IEEE Transactions On Software Engineering, 41(5), 507–525
- Harman, M., Krinke, J., Medina-Bulo, I., Palomo-Lozano, F., Ren, J., & Yoo, S. (2014). Exact Scalable Sensitivity Analysis for the Next Release Problem. ACM Transactions On Software Engineering and Methodology, 23(2), 19:1–19:31.
- Feldt, R., Poulding, S., Clark, D., & Yoo, S. (2016). Test Set Diameter: Quantifying the Diversity of Sets of Test Cases. In Proceedings of the IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification, and Validation.
- Shin, D., Yoo, S., & Bae, D.-H. (2016). Extended Mutation Adequacy Criterion for Improving Fault Detection Capability. In Proceedings of the 10th IEEE International Conference on Software Testing, Verification and Validation.
- Lim, J., & Yoo, S. (2016). Field Report: Applying Monte Carlo Tree Search for Program Synthesis. In Search-Based Software Engineering. Springer International Publishing.
- Sohn, J., Lee, S., & Yoo, S. (2016). Amortised Deep Parameter Optimisation of GPGPU Work Group Size for OpenCV. In Search-Based Software Engineering. Springer International Publishing.
- White, D. R., Yoo, S., & Singer, J. (2015). The Programming Game: Evaluating MCTS As an Alternative to GP for Symbolic Regression. In Proceedings of the Companion Publication of the 2015 on Genetic and Evolutionary Computation Conference (pp. 1521–1522). New York, NY, USA: ACM.
- Binkley, D., Gold, N., Harman, M., Islam, S., Krinke, J., & Yoo, S. (2015). ORBS and the Limits of Static Slicing. In Proceedings of the 15th IEEE International Working Conference on Source Code Analysis and Manipulation.
- Clark, D., Feldt, R., Poulding, S., & Yoo, S. (2015). Information Transformation: An Underpinning Theory for Software Engineering. In Proceedings of the 37th International Conference on Software Engineering - Volume 2 (pp. 599–602). Piscataway, NJ, USA: IEEE Press.
- Epitropakis, M. G., Yoo, S., Harman, M., & Burke, E. K. (2015). Empirical Evaluation of Pareto Efficient Multi-objective Regression Test Case Prioritisation. In Proceedings of the 2015 International Symposium on Software Testing and Analysis (pp. 234–245). New York, NY, USA: ACM. doi:10.1145/2771783.2771788
- Yoo, S. (2015). Amortised Optimisation of Non-functional Properties in Production Environments. In M. Barros & Y. Labiche (Eds.), Search-Based Software Engineering (Vol. 9275, pp. 31–46). Springer International Publishing. doi:10.1007/978-3-319-22183-0_3
- Improving Accuracy of Fault Localisation using Code Change History and User Behaviour Observation, NRF2016011042, PI
- Automated Test Data Generation Using Metaheuristics, Suresoft Tech, PI
- KAIST URP: Feasibiltiy of Secure Test Suite Optimisation using Homomorphic Encryption, 2016 Summer/Autumn, Supervisor (with Bivan Alzacky Harmanto)
- KAIST URP: Symbolic Regression and General Program Synthesis using Monte Carlo Tree Search, 2016 Winter/Spring, Supervisor (with Junsuk Lim)
- SEBASE Project: EPSRC EP/D050618/1 2006-2011, Graduate Student and Postdoctoral Researcher
- SCARTO Project: Google Research Award 2011, Principal Researcher
- MORETest Project: Google Research Award 2010, Principal Researcher